Wednesday, May 28, 2014

WiPs Wednesday

Happy Hump Day!  Two more days until the weekend!

I'm just going to show you my newest WiP today.  I cast on Friday night because I wanted something I could make a lot of progress on in a short time.  I want to finish something fast.  I should have pulled out my sewing machine and done some sewing.

In any case, I saw the Estuary tank in the summer 2014 issue of Interweave knits and wanted to cast on immediately.  I pulled out some cotton yarn that had the correct gauge and got started.

It's worked in panels and then sewn together.  Even after making sure I was following the directions, I managed to sew my panels on incorrectly.  And then didn't notice until I'd knit 4 inches past that point.  So my Estuary Tank is a bit different than intended.  I still like it.  And I will probably make another one.

I've reached the half way point and am about to divide for the armholes.



My lower garter panel should be facing the side-it's not.  I could have started this in the round and kept going instead of the panels and grafting.

The color is a bit more purple than it looks in this picture.


For more WiPs visit Tamis Amis' Blog

3 comments:

  1. That's really flying off your needles! I never get that far on adult sized sweaters in such a short amount of time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a great top and you have made so much progress - well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU go girl. Great top> its going to be so perfect for the cool summer nights

    ReplyDelete