Wednesday, May 21, 2014

WiPs Wednesday

Happy Wednesday Everyone!  Only 2 days to go until a three day weekend!!!!!  Yay!!!!

I have a pile of WiPs this week.  I ripped out the Ravello sweater because I decided to re-cast on using a provisional cast on.  Why?  Because the Ravello has a large boat neck.  I don't like boat necks.  Actually I don't like boat necks that show off my bra straps.  When I was growing up we would be mortified at our underwear or bra straps showing.  I could have revised the pattern from the beginning to knit a v neck or a scoop neck, but decided to do the provisional cast on.  When I'm finished I will pick up the stitches and do short rows until the neckline will cover my straps.  So the Ravello is currently an inch big.  Nothing to show you.

The Emelie sweater came with me on the train today.  It is about two inches of 3 x 2 ribbing.  Also nothing to show.

The Hitchhiker looks about the same.  I cast on a new pair of socks for my Mom and have about an inch of cuff past the ribbing.  More on those next week.

I am just about done with the shallows cowl.


The colors are a bit more muted in real life.  It is actually off the needles and blocking currently.  If it is dry tonight I will graft the live stitches and finish the cowl.  So you'll see it on Friday.

I received my copy of Interweave Knits summer 2014 in the mail this morning.  I love the color Tee.  And I am going to dig into my stash to see if I have yarn that will work for the Estuary Tank.  Tonight.  It looks like a fast knit.  Bulky cotton and wool yarn.  Size 10 needles and most of it is garter stitch.  I want to cast on something new.  I'm going to change the neckline in this tank too.  It's a really high scoop neck.  I want something a little lower.  Maybe v-neck.  Maybe just a lower scoop.  It's too warm here in Southern California to have a high neckline.

For more WiPs go to Tamis Amis' Blog

1 comment:

  1. That cowl is beautiful! I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete