Wednesday, October 23, 2013

What's On The Needles Wednesday

I've been working on several projects, which isn't unusual for most knitters.

Graphically Gray Baby Blanket
Cuff down socks-two at a time one circular needle
Channel Sweater, modified
Hats, Hats and More Hats
Bazaar Hand knits
Cherry Blossom Socks
Basic stripped socks

There may be more on the needles, but I'm not admitting to it.  My knitting group is selling hand knits and hand crocheted items at a local bazaar and on our Etsy shop.  

The Bazaar is the Bella Boutique which will be held on November 2, 2013 in Costa Mesa, California from 9am until 1 pm.  This will be an awesome event. There is a free kids carnival to entertain your brood while you shop.  You won't want to miss it if you are local or will be in the area.

This cowl is one of the items for sale.  We'll have toys, hats, scarves, shawls, and so much more-you won't want to miss it.


I don't have a picture of the Graphically Gray Chevron Baby blanket.  It's coming along.  It has two colors that repeat 16 times.  I think I'm on 4.  I really enjoy the knitting but it feels like it will take me forever to complete it.  Which is not good as the baby will be here on Friday.  I have a slight reprieve as I won't meet her until mid November.  I can finish it by then.  I think.

The Channel sweater has been on the needles for a while.  I ignore it most of the time.  It's not because I don't like it, because I do.  It's because it is something being knit for me and gets set aside while I work on other things.  I did put it in my bag today for train knitting and was able to get an inch or so done this morning and will continue tonight.



The Cuff down two socks at a time are in a pretty blackberry color and are done except for the toe grafting.  I will use the Kitchener stitch.  I love the Kitchener.  I just need the recipients toes to ensure that the fit is perfect and then I will graft.  In the meantime they are hanging out in their project bag waiting.

The Cherry Blossom socks are for me and are waiting for time.  I've gotten two inches of one done.  I am planning on casting on the second sock, getting to the same spot and moving them onto one circ so I can do them at the same time.  I have SSS (Second Sock Syndrome).  I am a lifelong sufferer.  Well, lifelong since I've begun sock knitting.  

I participated in an ornament swap in the last couple of weeks.  Here are the ornaments I received.  Aren't they cute.  I will be "stealing" the ideas for ornaments for friends and family this Christmas.  Which means I've got to start those soon.


Love this one!  Such a good idea.  

Sorry for the awful picture.  I didn't think it was too bad until I cropped.  Major blurriness occurring.  



This one is nifty.  It's got something on it to make it stiff.  I am getting excited for Christmas and decorating.  I am not looking forward to dragging the tree out of the garage.  It's behind, well, Everything.  Some husband bribery ought to do the trick.  We'll see.


No comments:

Post a Comment