Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Sewing Day & Speed Knitting

Last Saturday some friends and I had a sewing day together.  Six ladies (with 4 machines) in one room working on various projects.  It was a lot of fun.  A bit loud, but always fun.  We took a field trip to a local shop for supplies and more fabric at the beginning of the day, had lunch, learned something new together and at the end of the day I finished a pile of project bags, a stocking for a swap, a blanket, and a remodeled T-shirt.

When there were only 3 of us left, we took a break from the sewing to work on some yarny projects.  Lisa just learned how to knit and has finished a pair of duffers (just the felting is left).  She told me about a friend of hers who knits really really fast and explained how she holds the yarn and knits using one motion.  That, I was really interested in.  I have a lot of hand movement when I knit and it slows me down.  So I picked up my needles and some yarn and practiced.  And you know what?  It works.  I'm a bit awkward so far and a bit tight in my tension, but that will all work itself out as I practice some more.

Today as I perused my blogs I came across "The Knitting Needles and the Damage Done blog by Orange Swan and she posted a video by Knit Picks on the worlds fasted knitter (118 stitches per minute)  WOW!  If you want to see how fast she knits and see how you too can knit faster with less movement-check out this video:




No comments:

Post a Comment