Wednesday, September 10, 2014

WiPs Wednesday & Best welcome sign ever

Happy Wednesday.  I'm glad it's finally Wednesday.  I think having a long weekend combined with a vacation caused this week to feel like it's lasted 4 weeks.  Yesterday went on and on and on.

Hopefully today will go more smoothly.  I have a couple of WiPs to show you.  My current WiP list is:

1. Estuary tank #1-still need to finish my steek and sew the button band (this is the purple one)

2. Emelie Sweater- I've got about 8 inches done on this sweater.  I didn't mark where I left off and need to take some time to local my place in the pattern and knit on.  It's dark navy blue which means it is a daytime only knit.

3. Ravello- still on hold until I can get in touch with the dyer of the yarn.  I choose a sock yarn and the company that dyes the yarn also dyed my Slime time sock yarn- one wash and almost all the color is gone.  So I do not want to knit an entire sweater only to later find I've got a washed out barely there grey stripped sweater.  Especially since it is a sock yarn on small needles pattern.

4. Estuary #2- Blue.  I'm most likely going to be adding sleeves to this one.  I won't be steeking it.  I've got a couple of rows before I have finished the front and can sew the shoulders together.  Then the pattern adds some length at the waist.

No updated photo today-But here's a reminder of the color and pattern texture

5. Campside by Alicia Plummer.  This is a free pattern shawl that I cast on Friday night.  I don't have a picture because I literally did the cast on and set up row and that's it.  I put it aside because the Curious Collective 2014 was published Monday morning.  And I didn't have time to do any knitting over the weekend (sad face).

6. Curious Collective 2014 by Helen Stewart- This is a crescent shaped shawl that was designed after six weeks of voting on the elements of the shawl.  It's gorgeous.  I am knitting this in a mystery pink sock yarn (lost the tag-I'll find it when I go looking for it) and the main color is a light blue by Sun Valley Fibers in the Blueberry Crumble colorway. I hit the 5% mark this morning.  I grabbed the yarn, needles and pattern for the train ride yesterday.  I spent the morning ride winding my main color into a ball (with the yarn hanging around my neck and the jostling of the train it took the entire hour ride to wind) and then cast on during my ride home.

Cast on yesterday

Status today (5%)

For more WiPs check out: Tamis Amis' Blog

Enjoy your week.  I'll leave you with the Best Welcome Sign Ever!  (A wood carver was displaying these at the Oregon State Fair).  I am sure if these were next to my door I would have a 90% reduction in unwanted soliciting (especially the save my soul type-as the JW's (among others) have been coming by several times each week-even though they never want to talk to me once they hear I am not a Spanish speaker-apparently they are only attempting to save the Spanish speakers in my neighborhood). (****I don't need saving, thanks though****.)  

I would get the entire group- the moose, and the alien like "hills have eyes" types.

No comments:

Post a Comment