Wednesday, September 3, 2014

WiPs & My Fav Utah LYS

Happy Wednesday Everyone.

I love Wednesdays.  It's half way through the week and it means I am that much closer to my goal of a stress free work free weekend.  (Not that my weekend's end up work free, but typically they are free of job related work).

I've been working on a couple of things.  I've been traveling so there hasn't been a great deal of knitting going on.  One trip was work related and the other was for my baby sister's wedding.  A family wedding means lots of family activities and that didn't leave a lot of time or brain power for knitting.

I've still knitting away on my Estuary tank.  This one feels like it is taking hours longer than the other one.  The first one I did 90% in a marathon of weekend knitting.  And this one I've been pulling out sporadically.

I'm close to the arm hole shaping and neckline shaping.  I'm still wavering on sleeves or no sleeves.  I'll probably add sleeves.


I also went up a size from my last version.  The pattern is written for positive ease of 4-10 inches.  My last one is close to zero ease.  I haven't tried it on, but feel like it's got to be huge. We'll see.  If it is, I will steek it and take care of any extra width.

I also started the shawl collared cowl by Alana Dakos.  My friend Lisa made one and it is gorgeous!  So it is going to be a present for someone.  Can't say who.  This is the internet you know.


It's almost half way done.  It's my train knitting today and probably for the rest of the week, so I am hopeful that it will be finished by this weekend.

For more WiPs check out Tamis Amis' Blog

Early last week, on a work related trip to Utah, I visited my very most favoritist Local Yarn Shop in Utah.  It's located in the Sugarhouse neighborhood of Salt Lake City and is called Blazing Needles.

I have a yarny festival coming up so I kept my wallet in my purse except for the last few minutes when it slipped out and this happened:

Aren't their reusable bags adorable?  I found shepherds wool in a purply bluish color and the fushia color.  I'm making the shawl collared cowl out of them.

Here's a shot of the outside of the shop.  I love their yarn ball, knitting needles and knitting sculpture.


I was also in Oregon last week/weekend for my sister's wedding.  My brother was the officiant (courtesy of the Universal Life Church and the internet).  He did a great job.  No inappropriate jokes.  At least not until the wedding was over.  The rest of the weekend he would say (to anyone and everyone) "I don't know what you did this weekend, but I married my sister".  ha ha ha.  Most people know his sense of humor and did not immediately think "are these people Appalachians?"  (No offense to the Appalachians).

Elizabeth and Paul (the groom) looked great and it was a Beautiful wedding.  Most of the pictures haven't been processed, but here are a couple I took.

Wedding present of a bamboo money tree

 The newly married couple and Bride's parents

No traditional wedding cake, instead we had Brownie Sundae's.  In place of the traditional bite of cake, you get spraying of whipped cream.

Have a great week everyone!







No comments:

Post a Comment