Saturday, September 8, 2012

Project Bag Love


I joined a group on Ravelry-the project bag swap group.  I was paired with a couple of women.  One, Qmama on Ravelry, has already delivered my bag.  I love project bags and this one is adorable.  I love it.  Qmama did an excellent job in sewing the bag and in choosing the fabric.  Check out the project bag:



I also received some stitch markers, a wash and a zippered pouch.  THANK YOU again to Qmama!


I am impressed with the zippered pouch.  My sewing skills are rudimentary.  I’ve made a few bags and quite a few skirts.  Although the skirts were years ago, when I was in high school and college, and my sister and I decided we could conquer the A-line skirt pattern.  We made a ton of those skirts.  We wore them for a while too.  I have no idea where any of those skirts ended up.  Probably goodwill. 

I'll post pictures of the bags that I made for my swap-ee in a few weeks.  I don’t want to ruin the surprise if she happens upon my blog. 




I’ve finished one of my Vegas socks.  I should have paid more attention to the knitters on Ravelry that said the pattern had issues.  I did make sure to have enough stitches to pick up along the heel flap.  The heel itself is too narrow-too narrow by at least 8 stitches. 

It’s not an issue for wearing the socks around the house-but inside shoes it would annoy and most likely cause blisters.  So if you try this pattern out-adjust the heel accordingly.  I find the toe closure to work just perfectly. 













I’m working on finishing the second sock and am working on 12 x 12 inch squares for my Twisted Stitchers meetup group square swap.  Our goal is to swap a square with eleven other members and then sew the squares together for a sampler blanket.  Deadline is Christmas.  I can’t wait to see what we can create.   So far only one member has completed her squares.  I’ve got one down and 11 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment