Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Stitch N Pitch 2014

I've been uploading some photos from my phone to storage and realized that I did not tell you about stitch n pitch.

Stitch N Pitch, for those who do not know is an event where knitters and crocheters gather together to watch a baseball game.  Here in Southern California we have the Los Angeles Dodgers (who play in LA) and the Los Angeles Angels (who play in Anaheim).  The event for the Dodgers game was put together by the lovely ladies at the Yarnover Truck.

We bought our tickets through the truck and received a gift bag with sample yarn, some fun buttons, coupons and other things.  But the most prized item in that bag is the Bingo Game.  You have to find things like specific yarn brands, projects, bags, and some sports stuff thrown in (probably to make us watch part of the game).

The Dodgers won!


Part of our crew eating popcorn (Thanks Joan for the popcorn)



Bessie and I (love my blue hair)

Maria and her son wearing one of the wigs by Lisa

Close up of my blue hair.  See the knitters in the background?

If there is a stitch n pitch event near you I highly recommend you attend.  They're a lot of fun and a good way to get those non-knitters to attend a knitting event.

No comments:

Post a Comment