Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Day of Remembrance and What's on the Needles

Today is September 11th.  Like many people, for me the horror of that day has faded a bit.  I will always remember how I felt that day.  I was living in Oregon and had a trip to the coast planned.  I was up early and turned on the news, which is not something I usually do.  The first plane struck the first tower and the newscaster kept showing the footage over and over again on a loop.  It was horrific.  It was made worse as the day went on and we saw the second plane strike, saw people falling or jumping from above.  And then the news of the pentagon and the last plane taken down by the brave people aboard before it could reach it's intended destination.

I spent that day glued to whatever news source I could.  I wasn't worried about a strike in Oregon.  Oregon tends to be a state that isn't a focus of terrorists (thank heaven for that).

As time went on, we healed and the memory has faded; but it's not forgotten.  I've always believed that the best revenge is to keep living and keep living as we did before.  We can be smarter about our security and we can fight back.  But the best way to get revenge is to live our lives as we want to live and not in fear like terrorists want.

Take a moment today to remember and then go on with your day and live.

Today is What's on the Needles Wednesday.  I haven't finished or changed much from last week.  I've got one finished hat to show you and I've cast on some boot cuffs for my niece (special request).  The boot cuffs have barely begun.




I haven't been able to find a design I liked and am working up a fun cable design that can be done two at a time.  I'll post the pattern when it's finished.

The hat is just a basic stockinette hat in bulky yarn.


I'm still working on the Tee-shirt, two pairs of socks, and one hat.  All except the boot cuffs are being put on hold while I whip up a few pairs of duffers in various stages for a class I'm teaching about Duffers and felting for the Fiber Frolic for Griffin Dye Works on September 21st.

I also received a swap package today.  The theme was August Book Swap.  I received a couple of books on my list and some yarn, roving and new scissors.  The yarn is gorgeous and I can't wait to make something with it.  That will happen-it'll just be later this month or next.  So many things to make and no time to make them.

Here's a few pics of the swap package:







Have a great afternoon and make something you'll love.

No comments:

Post a Comment