Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Goodbye 2013, Hello 2014

Happy New Years Eve everyone.

2013 has been a good year.  I spent a lot of time with friends and family this year and did a fair amount of knitting (and a small amount of crocheting).

For knitting I made:

- 5 pairs of socks
-3 pairs of mitts
-11 hats (I must have given most of these away because I am still wearing the same 2 hats + a new one)
-1 kerchief (shawl to the non knitters)
-1 Tee shirt with another one 80% done
-finished 1 cardigan
-1 sampler blanket sewn
-1 cowl
-4 pairs of duffers
-1 Chevron baby blanket
-1 pair of cabled boot cuffs
-several knit and crochet ornaments
-several yarn bombs

In 2014 I have made a commitment to complete 14 projects out of stash yarn.  I am not restricting myself to a yarn diet or requiring myself to only work on those 14 items.

I've already got a list of projects that need to be finished asap (mostly Christmas leftovers and one shawl project for a friend).

And on the needles I have a Tee shirt to finish, a pair of leg warmers (because yes the 1980's have returned), two pairs of socks, one hat, and one headband.  Plus I've promised myself a new sweater (California style-light) to wear for stitches at the end of February.

For the non knitters out there, Stitches West, is a knitting convention of sorts.  Classes and a market place plus lots of friends hanging out together and knitting or crocheting together.  Mike has deemed me the new head nerd in our house.  He claims that he has never attended a gaming convention, so once I've been to the knitting convention, I am officially a bigger nerd than he is.

Enjoy the last few hours of 2013.  I'll see you on the flip side.

No comments:

Post a Comment