Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Happy New Year & Tuesday Train Knitting

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

I sincerely hope that you had a wonderful holiday season and that this new year will bring everything you wish for.  I've already shared with you my plan for the new year.  I don't do resolutions.  I do like to give myself goals and make a plan to accomplish those goals.  This year's yarn related goal will be through the Ewe-la-la group on Ravelry and the 14 in 2014 challenge.  I chose to make 14 projects from stash yarn.  I've already started one and have more on the needles and I will keep you apprised as things progress.

I still have Christmas knitting to finish.  I don't have a deadline because I didn't want one.  I don't like knitting deadlines.  Takes my wonderful fun hobby and turns it into a job.  A really poor paying job.  So when I agree to make something for someone or if I choose to make something on my own, I decided it would get done when it's done.  I've been wanting to cast on and start the Donegal Cap for Paul, my sister's fiance for a few weeks.  It has five pages of directions.  Yup 5 pages.  For a cap.  It looks interesting and he picked it. Yesterday was Monday and in my rush to get out of the house and to the train I forgot to pick up the project bag with everything I thought I needed to start.  

So I worked on my pink lemonade sunset socks.  Self stripping with colors that remind me of pink lemonade and a sunset.  See:


Last night I checked my bag and made sure I had the yarn, needles, and pattern.   And everything was ready to go.  Anyone ever tell you to read the entire pattern before you start?  I always do.  But what I should have done was read the entire pattern and I prepped my go bag.  Because then I wouldn't be in the situation I am now.  I cast on and got to the end of the third row when I discovered (because I didn't read all the way through and would have ended up here anyway if I had) that I needed another set of needles.  The cap starts with the brim.  And separating brim stitches at the 4th row.  So now I have an hour train ride home and no second set of needles.  Which means that I will either be reading on my way home or that I break down and ride the subway plus a bus and walk a few blocks to the nearest LYS and buying needles for the train ride home.  Hmmm.  

No comments:

Post a Comment