Friday, March 21, 2014

TGIF- Yay it's Friday!!!

I love Fridays!  Really who doesn't love a good Friday.  The work week is almost over and then I will have two whole work free days.

Last night was my knitting night.  Our group meets every Thursday night at two different restaurants.  Last night was at Corner Bakery at South Coast Plaza.  We love it there.  The staff is friendly and helpful and best of all they let us hang out after hours while they are cleaning up.  Eventually we get kicked out; so we just move our chatter to the parking lot.

We had smaller than usual numbers last night; but that didn't damper our fun.  New people never need help finding us.  If they missed the piles of yarn over four to five tables, the loud boisterous chatter would help them locate us in a heartbeat.  Our group is definitely not shy and definitely not old ladies knitting.

I have a finished object to show you today.  I've completed the Slime Time Socks from Oink yarns.  The yarn was a bit splitty and I have a weird pooling on the top of the foot in one spot.  I'm not sure what's up with that, I'm guessing that the dye didn't reach that part of the yarn.  The pooling doesn't bother me so I didn't rip out and fix it.





This weekend is the Yarnover Trucks first birthday bash.  If you are in Southern California on Sunday, come down to the Johnny Carson Park.  Check out the Yarnover Truck website for details.

I'll leave you with one last picture of knitting on the beach:


Have a wonderful weekend.

To see more FO blog posts from other knitters go here: tamisamis.blogspot.com

4 comments:

  1. I would love to join your knitting group. ;-) Have a nice weekend, too. Regula

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your knit nights sound awesome. I'm also suitably jealous (in rainy Britain) of your beach knitting.

    Pooling's a funny thing - like you, I'm not sure I'd rip something out to get rid of it, but it is annoying when it happens somewhere really visible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We now knit in a yarn shop, which is VERY bad for our wallets! And then we go eat lunch, which is VERY bad for our waistlines. LOL! But we aren't about to stop. Love the colors in the socks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely to be knitting on a beach in some warm weather. Bit jealous.

    ReplyDelete