Happy Friday Everyone!
I love Friday's. Who doesn't? Fridays are the goal that I aim for to get through my week. That's sad, I know. But I am working on changing things; particularly my work, so that I am happier with my work week.
This week I am joining in on Amy's Love Made My Home Blog's Five on Friday. She asks that we talk about 5 things (related or unrelated) or spend 5 minutes going into something in depth.
I'm going to tell you 5 things that have made my week better:
1. Essential Oils and Yoga- I'm not really into either of these things. Haven't ever really done yoga. I do love those yoga pants though. Comfy. I am teaching a class on how to make cold press soap later this month at the Griffin Dye Works retreat. And I was making a batch to use as samples and wanted to change up the EO's I used. Really, I was looking for a anti-stress blend to use. I decided to go with Lavender, Bergamot, Ylang Ylang and lime. I'm also looking into roller ball tubes to take that mixture with me. And came across a great Yoga magazine with information and poses for relieving stress and anxiety at work. They work.
2. Movies. I love love love going to movies. Good movies, bad movies, any type of movie (except horror and some suspense movies. Horror movies cause an increase in my sleep walking and suspense movies can raise my adrenaline levels too much which is bad for PTSD). This week I went to see San Andreas. Good movie. Exactly the type of bad movie that is good. Like Volcano and Dante's Peak. Unrealistic. Amazing. And filled with eye candy (hello the ROCK!) Turns out that this was not a good movie for me (adrenaline raising. But I still loved it.) Up next- the Spy. Starring one of my all time favorite comedic actresses-Melissa McCarthy.
3. Water and Ibuprofen. I have a long standing addiction to Coke. Coca-Cola to be precise. I know it's a bad habit and this week I am tackling it. I have gone down to one a day (I've tried cold turkey before and looked and felt like a heroin addict going through withdrawal-it was NOT pretty). To that end I have been downing water like a traveler just rescued from weeks in the desert and taking ibuprofen. I'm not over doing it. Just one dose a day. And using some EO's Bessie found that release tension in the neck (I may be stealing that roller from her). I have high hopes that I can be free of this addiction soon. But make no promises that there will be no relapsing.
4. Knitting. Of course. Knitting saves me. Daily. Sometimes hourly. If I am stressed, just thinking about knitting can help bring me back down to reality and off the ledge. I love knitting. It is my one true love. I spin, I crochet, I sew, I do other crafts and I like them. But I love knitting. My local knitting group met last night and had a lot of fun. There was a lot of swearing and misbehaving projects. (we keep the swearing to a minimum if children are near by).
5. Friday. Just knowing that Friday is coming can make my week better. Although this week I've thought it was Thursday all week and every time I realized it wasn't Thursday I was sad. But Friday is here. It's the middle of the afternoon, the office is emptying out as people high tail it home or somewhere not here. And this weekend is my Birthday so I get to do some celebrating. And will be taking my first ever trip to Sea World. I wanted to do something fun and new and that fit the bill.
I hope you have a wonderful Friday and an even better Weekend.
Check out the other Five on Friday posts at five-on-Friday.