Wednesday, August 20, 2014

WiPs Wednesday

Happy Wednesday everyone.

I've got a couple of new WiPs that I cast on since last week.  First up is a hat for a friend of my brother.  I'm using Imperial yarn company yarn in a purply pink tweed.  It's gorgeous and the pictures don't do it justice.

I cast on 90 stitches using size 8 needles.  I've got another inch before I decrease.  I'm aiming for slouchy.  Even though the fabric is a bit stiff.  Hopefully it will loosen up after blocking.   It may have needed much bigger needles.





I've also cast on another Estuary Tank.  This one is teal.  I remembered to sew it together correctly but have some unsightly holes where I picked up stitches along the garter stitch sides.  I took out the picked up stitches and tried a different method with the same results.  So I'm accepting it as is and will sew up the holes later.


For more WiPs check out Taxis Amis' Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment