Wednesday, August 27, 2014

WiPs &Gilgal Gardens

Happy Wednesday everyone.

I am still working on my second Estuary tank, a pair of socks, the Emelie sweater and a couple of other things.

That didn't stop me from casting on Alana Dakos' shawl collared cowl tonight.

I'm using Lorna Laces Shepard's wool in the pansy colorway.


I can't wait to see how this one turns out.  It's a beautiful pattern and a quick knit.  I'm about a quarter of the way done and think I'll finish under 4 hours.

For more WiPs check out Tamis Amis' Blog.

This week I had to take a quick trip to Utah.  There is a small sculpture garden in Salt Lake City hidden in the back yard of a couple of houses.  It's called Gilgal Gardens.  The garden and sculptures were a man's hobby.  He carved these stone sculptures in his back yard and when he died his wife donated the back yard area to the city as a park.  It's worth a visit if you are in the area.  Here are a couple of photos of my favorite pieces.

Heart in God's hands

This is the sculptor.  Love his pants.





This is Daniel.  The sculpture is depicting the scattering of Israel

This is depicting Joseph Smith as a Sphinx.

No comments:

Post a Comment