Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Whats on the Needles Wednesday & Weekend Wrapup

It's been a really busy couple of weeks.  I've been working almost exclusively on the Graphically Gray Chevron blanket for Emmaline.  I am so close to being done.  I am so excited to be done.  Not because it will look awesome once finished and blocked, but because I can cast on something new.  I am so incredibly BORED with the graphically gray blankie.


I've got two color repeats to go and then I need to fill in the triangle sections that are a result of the chevron pattern and then the edging.  Yay!!!

I finished one stripped sock and have cast on for the second.  I'm going to be ripping back the two at a time purple socks that I've been working on for Bessie and will redo the toe based on my foot size.  I decided that the heel decreases hit the bottom of her foot in a place that would irritate her while wearing and will be casting on a new pair just for her.  I'm going to increase the width of the heel flap by 2 stitches and think that will solve that problem.  No one likes a seam or bump under their heel.

Last weekend the Twisted Stitchers had a booth at the Bella Boutique:


We made a lot of things and will be placing the left overs on our Etsy shop.  I need to get the info for that from someone and then I'll post it.  We have shawls (including a mink shawl that is so soft you'll never want to put it down), hats, scarfs, cowls, toys, purses, headbands, blankets, soap/lotion dispenser covers and more.

Last weekend I went to a rummage sale at a yarn shop.  They were selling donated yarns and supplies for needle crafting to benefit a local children's group.  My haul:


The funniest tag I've seen:



Can you read that?  I says 100% miscellaneous odd lots of undetermined fiber content.  That just amusing me.

Enjoy the rest of the week.  Two and a half days to go until the WEEKEND!  I haven't started counting down the hours because I think that would just make me cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment