Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Owls



Owl motifs have been really popular lately.  Kate Davies, an author, blogger and yarn artist from Kate Davies Designs introduced me to the motif first.  She designed this sweater entitled "Owls" (search for owl on Ravelry and you'll find it).   I then found an awesome pillow in the form of an owl from the Purl Bee and really really wanted it.  It’s still on my list of things to make-so stay tuned.

In the meantime, I am still working on the cable sweater for my Dad.  It’s only been 4 months.  (At least I haven’t been working on it continually and only have half a sleeve and finishing work to go).  When I get to the point where I don’t think I will ever finish something, because it is taking FOREVER, I grab something fast and finish it.  I get a finished product and feel that sense of accomplishment. 

Last week I reached that point and found the “Who” hat by Sara Amoroso.  I choose a skein of Caron Soft in grey from my stash and got to work.  The hat was a fast knit, taking me about 5 hours.   I knit it on circular needles, using the magic loop method at the top.  I also used a spare double point needle for the cabling instead of a cable needle.  Here it is in progress:

Choosing buttons is another story altogether.

My husband suggested putting grey buttons on every other owl so that they look asleep.  Others suggested black buttons for the eyes or white pearly buttons.  I still haven’t decided. 

Check out the finished hat.  


No comments:

Post a Comment