Sunday, January 27, 2013

Chicken Parmesan

I love chicken Parmesan.  It is one of my favorite dishes.  I recently came across a recipe for a modified chicken parmesan that has 300 calories a serving.  I think it was a weight watchers recipe, but I'm not sure.  I modified the recipe.   I also saw a recipe using cauliflower in place of rice in a fried rice recipe.  It intrigued me.  I had some cauliflower that I had intended to use to make Wisconsin cheddar soup.  So I decided to try the two ideas together.  I riced the cauliflower and used it as the base for the chicken Parmesan dish.

Start by ricing the cauliflower.  I don't own a ricer-you don't need one.  I used my pampered chef chopper.  You can rice the cauliflower by chopping it with a knife or using a cheese shredder.  You just want to chop the cauliflower until it is about the size of rice.  


I flavored the cauliflower with salt, pepper, minced garlic and olive oil.

Next I cut chicken breasts into large bite sized pieces.  You can leave breasts whole if you'd like, but I like it cut up to cook faster.  It also tends to go farther.

Add Parmesan cheese to the chicken (use however much you want).  I sprinkled it over and didn't measure.  Next add mozzarella cheese.  Again you decide how much (and you control the fat and calorie content as well).

Add marinara sauce.  You could also put chopped fresh tomatoes.  On top of that, add more of both cheeses.


Cook at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.

I forgot to take a photo of the finished dish before we dug in.   This is a very tasty low calorie chicken parmesan.  Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment