Friday, November 9, 2012

So much to knit, so little time

We have 46 days until Christmas.  I have a long list of things to finish before Christmas.  I'm currently working on a sweater for my dad.  Last Christmas he asked me to knit a sweater for him.  I agreed and had him scroll through the options on Ravelry.  He chose the Northshore Cardigan by Lion Brand Yarns.   I found some awesome buttons at a store in the Los Angeles Fabric Market.  I purchased the yarn needed and have cast on.  I'm not sure that I like the pattern.  It's early days yet so I will continue to knit until I've got a large enough swatch to make the determination whether to finish it or frog it and begin a different pattern.

I've also finished a few Christmas related knitting projects, but cannot share them with you until after the holidays.  (Just in case the recipient reads this).

One of my nieces has requested a garbage truck for Christmas.  She is almost 3 years old and was very specific about it.  I called her a few weeks ago and told her that I was sending her a little knit mouse.  She was very excited and wanted to reciprocate.  She was at my mom's house and told me that I could have the phone, a mouse pad, and various other items hanging out on my mom's desk.  My mom was amused but said I couldn't have her stuff.

My niece's specific instructions for the garbage truck were that it was to be purple with blue wheels.  It should be the size of other toy garbage trucks.  She is really cute.  How can you say no to a little person who knows exactly what they want.  Garbage trucks are her favorite trucks.

I have one finished project to share with you today.  The felicity hat.  This pattern is soooo easy.  It's something any knitter should be able to whip out in a few hours.  I used the suggested yarn, but the brim of the hat is a tad too small.  I've already started another one and this one I used a similar gauge yarn and cast on an extra 10 stitches.  Check out the finished felicity.


With only 46 days left before Christmas I'll be spending a lot of time knitting.  

No comments:

Post a Comment